Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...and this is my punishment

I, Dawn, solemnly swear to never, ever, ever again be sarcastic about my child's maladies.

See, last Friday wasn't the first episode of green sight for kiddo #2. He had actually been seeing things in green a few weeks ago. Coupled with the other minor oddities that accompanied the greenishness, flags have been raised and we're in for a slew of medical tests over the next few weeks that I sincerely hope come to a big bunch of nothing...but my pediatric physical therapist brain that for years only saw the worst possible testing outcomes is kicking the monsters out from under the bed in droves.

So, we're going to the land of pretty, pretty pictures again:


Sock club once again led me far astray. Three (yes one, two, three) hanks of Paca Peds came home with me. (oh, don't you start, you would have bought them too...with the club discount I'm lucky I only came home with 3.) The above are Caribbean Chocolate and Harvest. Here's Fireside being worked up to be Nancy Bush's Family Adventure Sock:

The stripes are PERFECTION and the yarn is fabulous for this pattern (which is a nifty 2 row repeat that gives great effect). It's got great hand feel. Love it.

One more thing off the to do list:


The next iteration of the Mossy Cowl (free Interweave pattern!), this time for my sister in frosty Milwaukee. Again done with one strand of Knitpicks Alpaca cloud held with one of a mohair/silk blend. May it's peppermint perfection keep her toasty.

Have a few other projects finishing up as well as a SOTSii lace update (though that's going nowhere fast with my brain creating stressed out spaghetti of my attention span), hopefully soon. Send healthy brain waves our way, eh?

4 comments:

Karla said...

I hope all goes well with you and #2.

nuttnbunny said...

Keep us posted.

Need a little up-north knit/crochet/spin get-a-way?

(extra points for excessive use of extraneous punctuation)

:-)

3anklebiters said...

Hope all goes well with #2. I love your blog and marvel at your creativity.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn - I thought the seeing green thing was a joke about phlegm. Oh, my goodness.