Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Zombies Vanquished!

The Big Boy walked in the door as I was tossing dinner on the table and I literally grafted the last toe and weaved ends as the fam ate. Was among the first 20ish finishers in my division, which is quite respectable I believe. Here they are, my vanquished zombies:

The yarn is by Dye Trying, done just for me by the dyer Tikabelle herself as a part of a L&V swap. Lovely zombie skin colorway, eh? The pattern is wicked stretchy with all of those dropped stitches, perfect for ridiculously wide feet like mine.

Lesson learned: Perseverance pays. Patience is a virtue. (and helps you not split the yarn when grafting which is a MAJOR problem when you go to snug those handily kitchnered stitches and you find yourself having to take many, many deep breaths and tear it all out and redo it when you hear a clock ticking like a fog horn in your head and all you want to do is dash out the door to meet fabulous friends like Bubbo and Joy for a bit of crochet and dinner and dessert and a beer thrown in for sanity's sake.)

Off to rescue the house and catch up on STUFF. So much STUFF in my head that needs letting out it's amazing my brain hasn't exploded. I'm sure the madness has killed off some brain cells. Let's hope the new neuronal connections were worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, they turned out so pretty! I've never seen my yarn knitted up by anyone else before. They're awesome!!

Excuse me, I'm going back to my own Zombies now. I will totally finish these this week, I swear...

nuttnbunny said...

I'm a zombie slave for fantastic socks and...

buzz buzz

wonderful Bee Bags with the promise of spring.

Thx!!!! I'll blog it soon :-)

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Congratulations! And it's always nice to see a fellow-crocheter getting into the sock bug too.