Thursday, March 29, 2007

Secret Pal 10 contest numero uno.

Robin, my group coordinator for SP10 has posed a question to the group:

Please post about your favorite yarn and your least favorite yarn (if you have one!) What have you made with it? Tell us about your experiences!

So here goes:

My favorite yarn to date is hands down the Lisa Souza Superfine Superwash Merino. It is sooooo soft, and her colorways are fabulous.

It's a treat to work with...now that I'm knitting I'm going to have to get me some to make socks out of! Here's what I've made so far:

(it's the sour grapes scarf from CrochetMe, loverly tentacly goodness. one skein is creating quite a monster. am hoping to finish it up on vacation next week...more pictures soon...)

The Pam Allen Misty Meadow scarf from the Interweave Holiday Knits 2006. Feather and fan is fun and can you believe how perfect, perfect the color repeats are?!?!?!? This one's going to take the other 2 skeins I think. I want it really long and loop-able.

Least favorite isn't hard at all , though it came as quite a surprise as I've really never really thought really seriously bad thoughts about a yarn before. But the Lion Brand Microspun pushed me to it. I had bought a bazillion colors to make a floral motif granny square blanket for my daughter. Soft and washable, right? Bright fun colors, right? Yep, but also splitty as splitty can be and the ends are weave-in resistant it apprears. The yarn is so slick they just worm their way right out. You can imagine how frustrating that is with granny squares. So I have a bag of it stuffed in a closet awaiting some greater purpose. No pictures, it was too painful.

Thanks for the game Robin, off to stalk other responses and hopefully oggle me some yarn!

1 comment:

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Hello Dawn!

Aren't Lion Brand Microspun colors are incredibly seductive? I always wish the same color palette was offered with the Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I came close of getting some of that microspun for a baby blanket once but resisted. Something told me that it was going get splitty.

Very pretty scarf!

Have a good day!

Sonya