You've most likely gleaned from things laying about here that this is something I need to embrace. Yeah.
So today I started the process of unearthing projects...and about doubled the horrifying list I had in my brain. Made me a bit ill. Decided I must start small or sink forever into despair. Today's baby step is facing the frog pond:
...which really was not as large as I thought it would be. We have"
- one baby hat (the green thing in the corner. great pattern the yarn obscured totally so I never finished)
- the Lisa Souza Violet's Pink Ribbon misty meadow (pattern out of Scarf Style) scarf. (I will never ever finish it and let's face it, pink scarves are not me. This shall be repurposed as socks.)
- 2 pairs of socks from my sock club. One in Tofuttsi (love the yarn, but why oh why did I think I would wear daintily ruffled socks???) and one in Wildfoote (on which I am enjoying neither the yarn nor the cable charts. cables will just have to wait a bit longer it seems). The Tofuttsi I shall set aside for another pattern and the Wildfoote I shall attempt to find a new home.
- In the middle is an Insubordiknit monster hat kit, one of two I bought before I was even knitting...purchased with the express purpose of creating fabulous crocheted versions of her patterns. One worked gloriously (you'll hear about that in Stage 2) but this one not so much. Needs to be frogged and given a new, much more glorious form.
- The pinkish/purplish projects to the leftish are two attempts at fingerless mitts. Neither attempted very well. Now I have some bulky Aisha Celia wool and 2 skeins of Atacama to do something with. SIGH.
- Deep, deep SIGH for the last. The brown mass at the far left is 2800 yards of Ecowool originally destined to be the Cinnabar Coat from Interweave Crochet. About half way through I came to the realization the I don't like wearing fitted coats. Played around with knitting it, but urg, what I was attempting was just not right, and let's face it I haven't been knitting long enough and don't have sufficient garment experience to wing it. Am thinking some of it shall be an oversized pullover hoodie of some sort, worked in the round if I can find such a pattern.....hmmm, now that I'm thinking about it, me thinks there was some sort of crocheted hooded cardi in that same issue of IC...will have to check that out.
Next step: face the WIP line-up...shudder.